Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What The Future Holds.....


Hey Everyone! 
       
   For years I have dreamed of "growing up" and starting on plans for my future. I'm happy to announce that I'm starting the first step in God's calling for my life.

   God has put missions and photography on my heart for years. He has called me to be a photojournalist missionary and I've been fortunate enough to be accepted into a Photography Discipleship Training School (PDTS) with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). YWAM is an international and interdenominational movement of Christians whose main focus is serving Jesus throughout the world. A DTS is a 5 month training experience containing two parts; a Lecture Phase and an Outreach Phase. The Lecture Phase is 3 months of spiritual training at a YWAM base. I have chosen YWAM Orlando and specifically a Photography Track.  The Outreach Phase is 2 months of outreach in a different country which won't be decided until I arrive in Florida.  
   I'm so excited for this adventure and chapter in my life! The most exciting part, is that I'll finally be getting to go out of the country on a mission trip. My passport unfortunately has no stamps in it so far but that will change soon! For years and years i've said that I love to travel, yet I really haven't been anywhere except in the United States. Missions have had my heart for awhile now but i've only ever really been on local trips. I'm excited to follow in the plans God has laid out for me involving missions. Ive honestly dreamed about this for years.
   The first and most important thing I need for this trip is prayer. It would be wonderful if you could keep me and this ministry in your thoughts. Pray for wisdom, direction, protection, God to continually shape me into who He has created me to be, and for me to use my photography to glorify and Him to the world. I know that there is power in prayer, and I appreciate you taking the time to help me in this way. 
   Secondly, I am in need of financial support of roughly $8,000. I have decided to give my friends and family an opportunity to participate by contributing money to my journey. Please make checks out to YWAM (my name cannot be anywhere on the check) and send the check to:

YOUTH WITH A MISSION ORLANDO
P.O. Box 6808647 
Orlando, Fl 32868
And in the envelope send a note saying:
Dejah Griffin
Photography DTS
September 26, 2013 - February 28, 2014
If you aren't able to help me financially, please pray that God would provide the money for me. 
To also help raise money, I will be having a fundraiser in September, so keep an eye out for more information on that soon. Also, all of the money I raise through my photography (Weddings, senior portraits, engagements, families etc) until I leave will be used to help pay so message, call, text or email for prices!  
   I'm so thankful for all the support from my family, friends and for the privilege to serve the Lord in missions. You can follow my journey here on my blog. Thank you in advance for your prayer and financial support!
                                                     God bless, 
                                                    Dejah Griffin



"A man’s steps are established by the Lord,
and He takes pleasure in his way.
Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed,
because the Lord holds his hand."
Psalm 37:23-24


2 comments:

  1. Don't beg for money. Work at McDonald's or wherever at minimum wage for just 3 hours/day. That is not a lot of time when you think about it. Do that for a year and you would have paid it off. $7.50*3*365=$8212.50

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not begging for money Dejah, if God puts it on your heart to go he will make a way! Don't listen to the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete